What are the goals of SIAM at the national/international level?
- Advance the application of mathematics and computational science to engineering, industry, science, and society;
- Promote research that will lead to effective new mathematical and computational methods and techniques for science, engineering, industry, and society;
- Provide media for the exchange of information and ideas among mathematicians, engineers, and scientists.
What does the NCSU student chapter do?
We provide a forum in which students at NCSU can pursue math research focused on applications in science and industry. Additionally, we facilitate interactions between students, faculty, and SIAM through official SIAM activities of the chapter.
Why should I join SIAM?
- Membership (local & national) is free for students!
- A subscription to SIAM News and electronic SIAM Review is included.
- You get a 30% discount on all SIAM books, and an 80% discount on up to four SIAM journals.
- Discounts on SIAM conferences and workshops are also available for members.
- There are opportunities for travel funding.
- You can network with peers, faculty, and professionals, to help discover and achieve your career goals.
- Membership is a great resume builder.
For more information, see this slideshow
- Go to the SIAM member registration website
- Once on the website, click on “Student”
- Choose “Free Graduate Student” membership, then follow the directions on the website