What are the goals of SIAM at the national/international level?
- Advance the application of mathematics and computational science to engineering, industry, science, and society;
- Promote research that will lead to effective new mathematical and computational methods and techniques for science, engineering, industry, and society;
- Provide media for the exchange of information and ideas among mathematicians, engineers, and scientists.
Why should I join SIAM?
- Membership (local & national) is free for students!
- A subscription to SIAM News and electronic SIAM Review is included.
- You get a 30% discount on all SIAM books, and an 80% discount on up to four SIAM journals.
- Discounts on SIAM conferences and workshops are also available for members.
- There are opportunities for travel funding.
- You can network with peers, faculty, and professionals, to help discover and achieve your career goals.
- Membership is a great resume builder.
For more information, see this slideshow